subconscious meets conscious: teeth obituary
play around with the bouncicles. drag them round. make them jump. go ahead!

teeth obituary

Friday, July 21, 2006
「 bouncing away 8:57 PM 」

Farewell, farewell, I bid to thee......my two lower-case molars.

Lol.

Indeed. Today I said goodbye to two of my teeth, which were sacrificed in the name of beauty. To make space for braces, they would have to go. Surprisingly, the prospect of losing two of my teeth did not scare me in the least. Perhaps i was too numbed by the looming presence of the encroaching finals and my guitar practicals. The jitters evoked by them makes this procedure seem ......minor.

Although some might think my priorities seem a little mixed up, i really feel less threatened by losing my teeth when compared to the finals. (Hmm...somehow this brings to mind the saying of "like pulling teeth"...). From my point of view, there's nothing i can do about the pulling of my teeth, in other words, my fate is in the dentist's hands. I'm OK with that. What I have trouble coping with is the results i'd be responsible for. Wouldn't you agree that that is more cause for concern?

Now, the ordeal has passed, and since i'm sitting here writing about this oh so calmly, you can conclude that the extraction went smoothly. Although i must admit that this was an interesting experience... Did you know that anaesthetic makes one feel that the affected parts are larger? O_o I kept thinking that my bottom lip was swollen. =P I also found that i had problem speaking properly after the extraction. Eating and drinking was troublesome too...which was what i found most troublesome. Food....*sigh*

For those planning to go through a similar procedure, here are some things to take note of:
1) It doesn't hurt. Seriously.Trust me.
2) There will be bleeding. Troublesome but not fatal.
3) If you are not desperate like me, only take food after about 5 hours. (i think i rushed mine...it started bleeding again. *Tsk.)
4) Schedule the procedure on a weekend preferably. You really do not want to go around with a lisp and uncontrollable lips. O_o

Well, i guess that's all i have to say about this. This piece is dedicated to my two disposed teeth. May they rest in peace. O_o



Signing off, ~TJ*

0 bounced
............